Our jewellery is handmade to order and shipped in 1 week. Free UK shipping on all orders over £40. ROYAL MAIL STRIKES THROUGHOUT OCTOBER MAY CAUSE DELAYS TO DELIVERIES.
July 31, 2022
It's rare to find anyone who hasn't experienced the frustration of buying silver jewellery only to find themselves with the dreaded blue/green mark!
How is the mark made?
You may well have heard that the green mark comes from cheap jewellery and it's certainly the case that in order to make cheaper jewellery, some creators resort to plating copper or using silver alloys* with a larger quantity of copper in the blend.
*An alloy is a blend of metals, silver on its own is too soft to make jewellery out of and so all silver jewellery is created from an alloy.
The green mark is a result of the copper mixing with oxygen and then creating a tarnish on the jewellery which rubs off on your skin.
So what can you do to prevent the mark from happening?
925 Sterling Silver
This mark means that the silver is made of a minimum of 92.5% silver and the remaining 7.5% made up of other metals (usually copper) and is a mark of high quality silver.
Jess uses only 925 sterling silver in her Fawn and Rose jewellery and what's more is that she sources her silver from recycled sources such as electronic, jewellery and gift industries. Both ethically sourced and high quality!
Caring for your jewellery
Possibly the single most important thing you can do to prevent green marks is to care for your jewellery. Here are some tips for you:
If you have any questions, Jess is more than happy to answer them, just email email@example.com.
March 17, 2022